Friday, April 18, 2008

seriously.

Okay, a pity party is not what I'm looking for here. I've been trying to focus lately on all the things I'm thankful for...how so many things have just aligned in my world lately. Almost everything from the purse thing is taken care of: the internet works today, and I have a new checking account, a new phone #, new keys, new credit cards, a new elbow...wait a minute...

HOWEVER...I was before taking lightly the whole "there's a lesson in this" thing, but now, I really am starting to believe that Someone/Something is trying to send me a message, and I need to vent about that. Yesterday I had an interview for a job, and in order to move forward with it, I have to get 3 reference forms, of which I have hard copies. After trying to fax one of them yesterday for 10 minutes to no avail, I'm told that I have to dial a "1" first...common sense, yes, but I'm not used to having to do that on my phone or at the fax machine at GSV. So, finally, it goes through...YES! A couple hours later I get an email from my reference telling me the page was really unclear. Dang. "That's okay, I'll just scan it & send it as an email attachment," I tell myself. Because my flash drive was in my purse and is now in another person/dumpster/curbside/fill in the blank's possession, I went to the oh-so-low priced Tulane bookstore & paid about twice what I should've for a new one (one that you can't return unless it's disfunctional of course). I go to Kinko's, which luckily is located in the student center where I work, they upload the document to the drive, and botta-bing-botta-boom, I'm ready to send it.

Except for the fact that it's not working on my computer. You've got to be kidding me. I'm so over it, and they better give me a refund.

1 comment:

Janet said...

Hang in there Meg, I can relate.
I don't do anything with a cord to well..or for that matter, cordless!
It just takes me longer to figure out the way they work :)
OH..and I promise, this life lessons just keep happening....
sending a hug...