Wednesday, July 16, 2008

some bad news and good news...

good news first... meg, you'll appreciate this. i went down to the business center to try to get a better internet connection, and the song playing on the mp3 computer is "O Christmas Tree". Classic, classic Africa. Hey, it's technically winter here in the Southern Hemisphere, right? Speaking of, that reminds me that I want to go out and look for the southern cross tonight.

Ok, the bad news is... Malawi is very similar to Uganda in that the bandwidth for the internet (country-wide, probably) really, really sucks. It took about 10 min to upload that last blog post, and it was only text. I've been trying for about 2 hours to upload a picture from my camera phone (1mb!!) and it's still not done. So, unfortunately, that probably means no pictures from this trip on the blog until I get home.

But the stories will still be worth checking... so stick with me guys!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Hearing from you is good enough for now! I'm sure we'll find a time to sit down and look at all of your pictures when you return! Sending a hug!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad for your blog. I like hearing about what is going on with you. I had a client from Senegal once. There is a pink lake there.

Les said...

Glad you are there safely, be Eric!