Sunday, October 21, 2007

Update: Sox win WS!!

ALCS Game 7 Tonight...
Man, I can't stand it. Somehow I HAVE to watch Red Sox-Indians tonight... probably though it will be the archived version on MLB.TV, so PLEASE(!) no one tell me who won till I say it's ok!!!!


Update:
Sox win game 7!!! Although the game was much closer than the score... the Sox pretty much cleaned house over the last 3 games. I got to watch the game on our friend Anthony's satellite TV - ESPN carried the game on MLB International - with Rick Sutcliffe and Dave O'Brien announcing. A far cry from Joe Buck - and they paused several times during the game to explain baseball rules, etc. - but it was nice to watch a real baseball game on a real TV. Totally worth waking up at 3am for!

So the Red Sox will be playing the Rockies, starting Wednesday, in the World Series. First game: Fenway Park. It should be a great series, with the Rockies as hot as any team could be, and the Red Sox with lots of playoff experience. Can't wait!

Update:
Sox win the World Series!! Meg and I were gone in Rwanda the whole weekend, so I didn't get to see any of the games, but just reading the game recaps, looks pretty familiar to 2004 when the Sox used my Cardinals as a speedbump on their way to their first WS in 86 years. This time, it was the Rockies. Different team, same outcome. Congrats to the Sox... I bet Amherst is going crazy right now (along with the rest of New England!!) I'd be wearing my Schilling T-shirt today if it was here with me!

3 comments:

Jenn said...

Patrick was hoping for an Indian win, but we're excited for the World Series regardless. This means I now have to learn the players names (a little thing Patrick quizes me on each year!)! :) haha. Glad you got to watch the show. We had a wonderful anniversary yesterday...thanks for the postcard!!! We love you!

Les said...

I'm disappointed, but that's the way it was supposed to be I guess!

Dad

Janet said...

I'll be wearing my purple..
we'll think of you each game...
and pray you'll get to see some of them...
go rockies!!!